The Center focuses on the following activities:
- Professional training for archaeologists, as well as for museum and heritage management professionals
- Raising the awareness about cultural and natural heritage
- Archaeology and heritage-related projects
- Non-destructive methods for the study, documentation and conservation of archaeological assets
- Capacity building and promotion of distinguished scholars in the fields of Egyptology and heritage conservation
The center aims to conduct research, provide education and training on both national and regional levels. Additionally, the center focuses on raising public awareness about archaeological heritage and means of conservation.